Indiana’s early learning landscape is primed for major change. Many organizations, local coalitions and individuals have worked diligently to advance quality, align funding to children’s needs and improve teaching where it matters most – in interactions with children. To make the essential next steps, we will have to build on this work through innovative approaches and alongside new partners.
We know that:
- A child’s early learning is the responsibility of many people and organizations working together.
- Core challenges facing Indiana’s early learning landscape can only be addressed through focused and sustained partnership at the local and state level and among public and private partners.
- Effective early education is essential to Indiana’s longterm economic viability.
We believe that:
- Early Learning Indiana and early education in general must deepen the work of critical partners, holding ourselves and our state accountable for results.
- We must also create new, innovative partnerships that invest in solutions to the biggest challenges and sustain results beyond the life of our Lilly Endowment work.
- Innovation, creativity and focus can make Indiana a leader in early education.